22 August 2010

Mon Amour

A few years ago my friend Amy came over my apartment with boxes of items that were left over from a gift shop that went out of business. She told me to take what I wanted. I selected a cute blue tray that I gave to my SIL's mother, a cool vase for my brother and SIL and a beautiful, shabby chic picture frame for myself.

It's wooden and painted pink. Detailed with minute flowers, above the opening for the photo it reads, Mon Amour. That's "my love" to you and I.

I tucked it in a drawer in my bedroom thinking that one day I would put a picture of me and the great guy I would meet in it. Sadly, Mr. Great never came. Jeez, even Mr. Mediocre didn't show up. Translated, no man deserved to be in that frame in the past four years.

And so it sat.

Until today.

I printed a beautiful closeup of Zoe wearing a darling pink hat the other day. I wanted to be able to see her perfect face every time I walked in my front door.

And who better to grace the Mon Amour frame? Who will always be my love more than my niece?

1 comment:

Liz Anne said...

That is a fantastic story. Proof positive that having love in your life doesn't have to revolve around a man.