28 September 2011

Out-of-the-Box Nails

I own a million shades of red nail polish. Everytime I look at nail polish I am drawn to the red polishes with an invisable magnet. Every once in a while I'll branch out and wear my beloved Russian Navy (OPI) or Lincoln Park After Dark (OPI), but then I go right back to red.

This fall, however, I've discovered some lovely new colors and have branched out, at least nail-wise.

My first purchase was Chanel Le Vernis in Peridot. Depending on how you look at this color, it can look gold, green, or anywhere in between. It's totally fun, has an easy-to-apply formula and is very long-lasting.

I've also recently gotten into the company, butter LONDON. butter LONDON is, according to their website created "without the use of the harmful ingredients like Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP or Parabens." And, "butter LONDON was the first company to sell non-toxic nail lacquer in the United States."  Cool, right? And they have lots of nifty colors. For the fall I have purchased Bluey and The Old Bill. (I'm also jonseing to get a bottle of Blagger!)

The only fault I can find with butter LONDON polish is that you must apply at least three coats, as the formula tends to be on the thin side.

What nail polish are you wearing this fall? Did you branch out and try something new, or are you using an old tried-and-true friend?

No comments: