24 May 2010

It Makes You Smile When Fate Takes a Hand

I am still emotionally devistated by the final scene of LOST from last night.

If you're not a fan and didn't watch, here's a simple summary. Our hero, Jack Shepard came to the island as a man of science. Over time he was broken and lost his way. In the last season he embraced faith for seemingly the first time, understood his destiny and sacrificed his life for the greater good. As Jack lays dying, he meets up with his friends, some who died before him and some after him, in a church, or the afterlife. All these souls reconnect as they are most important to each other.

And I wonder who will be in my church? What souls will I meet up with and spend my eternity with? There are some I've known forever and some I've yet to meet, I'm sure.

It's comforting to believe even in the most personal and lonesome journey of crossing from life into death, that the ones we've loved will be waiting for us with a loving embrace. That time cannot diminish the eternal glory of love and faith. And that even our most desperate moments will pass and light will once again shine.

Enjoy the final scene of LOST.




Hi folks! It's Blogger Challenge week again! This time Cousin Elizabeth and I will be blogging to the musical, Annie!

My title is from Maybe (Resprise), from the stage production.

2 comments:

toni said...

Where do I begin?

That was beautiful!!! I have big tears streaming down my face. Gorgeous death sequence. Reminds me of the final scene in 6 Feet Under (one of my fav. shows ever). ,

Ya know, I never used to like Jack. So disciplined, so scientific. Always loved the combustible Sawyer and irreverent Hurley. But I see the softening of Jack there, as he embraces the other-worldly. So glad everyone ended up with their true beloved. And having Vincent lie down with him was such a tender touch.

I was moved! Great ending! Thanks for sharing it.

Jennifer said...

Toni, I was crying like someone I loved died when I saw that. First of all, it was so beautifull directed and edited with a touching score. Second, jack was always my favorite character because he was the most complex in my opinion next to Locke. He held on to proof because he was afraid of belief and it was moving to me to watch him take leaps of faith over the years even though he feared it.