04 July 2013

The Schmuck

Yesterday work closed at 2 p.m. in anticipation of the July 4 Holiday. I finally walked out the door around 2:15 with a smile on my face and began my journey home.

I stopped at a red light about 10 minutes into my drive. The light turned green and before I could move, the guy in the car behind me decided to move and promptly hit my car.

And there went my Holiday joy.

But wait, it gets better.

As I began to pull off onto the shoulder of the highway to call the police, the schmuck that hit me pulled around me, smiled at me and drove away. SMILED AT ME!!!!!

It was then that my Holiday joy turned into a combination of astonishment and anger. What kind of a person would do such a thing?

A Bensalem cop stopped and I explained what happened, gave him a partial tag number of the schmuck and we inspected my car. My car that's only 7 freaking months old.

Thank goodness there was no damage. Officer Bensalem, who was so fit you could bounce a quarter off his biceps, filled out a report in case there was a problem with the car that we didn't see right off the bat.

Anyhow, I was deflated. What a way to start my one-day vacation from work!

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

It's nice to be blogging again.

Look for the results of my "no buy" this weekend!

No comments: