09 June 2010

Inspiration

What inspires you to wake up every morning, face the world and live each day to the best of your ability? Since this is my blog and I can do what I want, I thought I would begin sharing with you what inspires me.

For those of you not familiar with Stephanie and Christian Nielson, here's a bit of a back story for you. In August 2008 I was searching Blogger for interesting blog design ideas. During this search I came across Stephanie Nielson's blog. A beautiful young woman in her late 20's, Stephanie was a stay-at-home mom to four children, a Mormon and a devoted wife with amazing style and creativity. I began reading her blog with great interest. A few weeks later, she and her husband were in a near-fatal private plane crash. They were both in comas and suffered tremendous third and fourth degree burns.




It has been with tremendous dignity and grace that Stephanie continues to recover and live her life to the absolute fullest. I do not know if I would ever have a fraction of her strength.



I highly recommend reading Stephanie's blog, the NieNie Dialogues to all. I hope you find the inspiration in it that I do.

1 comment:

toni said...

She is very inspiring. And they are such a beautiful family. She is a tough cookie and she should be applauded for all she's overcome; women really do hold up the world.

I guess that's why I have a hard time with all the religious talk- only because I vehemently disagree with Mormon principles (the women only ascend to the highest level of heaven when their husband calls their secret name).

But shoot, look how messed up Catholic traditions are?!